|2(3H)-BENZOTHIAZOLETHIONE, ZINC SALT |
|The preferred secondary accelerator in latex foam curing systems. |
Also used as a primary accelerator in natural and synthetic rubbers.
Non- staining and non-discoloring.
|Composition: Zinc 2-mercaptobenzothiazole|
Physical State: Cream to pale yellow powder
- Ash Content 20-23%
- Assay 70% minimum
- DMSO Insolubles 0.25% maximum
- Free MBT Content 10-20%
- Heat Loss at 70°C for 1 ½ hrs. 1.0% maximum
- Zinc Content 15-18%
- Fineness, retained on 100 mesh 0.1% maximum
* GENERAL INFORMATION : Typical values not routinely measured or reported on the Certificate of Analysis.
- Density at 25'C 1.70 Mg/m3
- Solubility : Slightly soluble in toluene, carbon disulfide, and chloroform.